General Terms & Conditions of Business
1. All persons using Lawrenny Quay Holiday Park (LQHP) and its facilities do so subject to the terms of business. A copy of these terms is displayed in the chandlery and customers placing contracts with LQHP are asked to ensure that they have read and understood these terms beforehand.
2. We shall not be liable for any death or injury incurred to persons, or loss or damage to property or possessions on or about LQHP premises and moorings caused by events beyond our reasonable control (such as extreme weather conditions, the actions of third parties not employed by us or latent defects). This includes loss or damage to vessels, gear, equipment or other goods left with us, and harm to persons entering the premises and/or using facilities or equipment.
3. A SPEED RESTRICTION of 10 MPH is in force throughout LQHP for all vehicles. All persons driving a motor vehicle on the roads owned by the park must hold a current driving licence and have tax, MOT, and insurance appropriate for that vehicle. No responsibility is accepted for accidents occurring on any part of the property owned by LQHP.
4. All vehicles must be parked in the spaces provided and the attention of customers is drawn to the fact that the car park area at the rear of the chalets is not available for use by any person other than the owners of those chalets who have leased the right to this facility from LQHP.
5. Owners of boats moored on LQHP moorings and stored ashore are required to take out full insurance cover in respect for damage to there own boats and third party liability. LQHP reserves the right to inspect Certificates of Insurance at any time and cancel the booking of any one who is inadequately covered.
6. A park is provided for boat trailers which must be clearly marked with the name of craft. Unless removed from LQHP all trailers must be left in the park provided.
7. Shore facilities are provided for the storage of craft during the winter months. All customers are recommended to store their craft ashore during the winter months and any customer wishing to leave his craft afloat must first obtain the written consent of LQHP.
8. A charge of 3% of gross selling price will be levied on all craft sold private whilst occupying LQHP moorings or stored ashore unless sold through our brokerage facility when normal brokerage terms will apply.
9. In the event that an invoice has not been paid by the 1st March in any year or within one month of a written notice demanding payment of outstanding invoices being served upon the boat owner then the boat owners contract will immediately be terminated from the date of expiry on the written notice and in the event that the boat (including all water-going craft) remains on the site after the expiration of the said notice then the owners of LQHP will be entitled to sell or dispose of the boat without being liable to the boat owner for any loss. The boat owner is responsible for removing the boat from the site upon termination of the contract and in the event that the owners of LQHP are responsible for the removal and disposal of the boat in accordance with the provision of this clause then the boat owner will be liable to pay the owners of LQHP any fees incurred for the cost of removal and disposal of the boat. Service of any notice under this clause will be by first class post to the address supplied to the owners of LQHP by the boat owner at the time of signing the initial contract.
10. A SPEED RESTRICTION is in force in the Lawrenny reach. The attention of customers is drawn to the fact that it is an offence under local bylaws for anyone to use a craft in such a manner as will inconvenience or endanger other craft or cause damage to the riverbanks or sea walls. PLEASE WATCH YOUR WAKE WHILST PROCEEDING THROUGH THE MOORINGS. LQHP reserves the right to withdraw facilities from anyone who in the opinion of LQHP management is causing inconvenience to other users.
11. Use of the Pontoon is strictly for the purpose of taking on stores, passengers and water. At no time may a craft lying alongside the Pontoon be left unattended and WAITING TIME IS LIMITED TO 10 MINUTES. LQHP reserves the right to remove from the Pontoon any craft failing to observe this condition in which event a charge for the cost of removal will be levied against the owner. Tenders to parent vessels may be secured to the inside of the Pontoon only whilst the owner is within LQHP. At all other times tenders must be stored in the park provided at the top of the slipway.
12. Pennants are fitted to moorings as standard. Owners who find the standard pennants unsuitable for their craft or who wish to fit their own may do so only with the prior written consent of the LQHP.
13. The allocation of moorings is strictly at the discretion of LQHP management. At no time may a craft occupy any mooring other than the allocated unless prior written consent has been obtained from LQHP.
14. The slipway is for launching and recovery only. Dinghies and other craft may at no time be left unattended whilst on the slip and the prior written consent of LQHP is required before any craft other than dinghies may be launched. LQHP reserve the right to withhold consent if in the opinion of LQHP management launching or recovery in the conditions prevailing approve hazardous.
15. Under local bylaws WATER SKIING WITHIN THE REACH IS PROHIBITED.
16. SWIMMING and FISHING from the Pontoons is PROHIBITED.
17. Caravan sites are offered subject to the Conditions of the Licence granted by the South Pembs District Council, a copy of which is available on request. Under these conditions an owner may only occupy his caravan during the period from March to December inclusive. Outside this period payment of the appropriate fee entitles an owner to store his caravan on site without an additional charge.
18. Caravan pitches are let solely for the use of the lessee and their immediate family. Sub-letting or the occupation of a van by persons other than the lessee’s immediate family is not permitted unless the previous written consent of LQHP has been obtained.
19. No new vans may be brought onto the site unless purchased through an agency of LQHP.
20. No caravan located on the site shall be sold other than through LQHP management and on each and every sale the caravan owner/seller will pay to the owners of LQHP a commission equal to 10 % of the sale price. Unless the caravan has been removed from the site prior to any agreement for sale then the owner will be liable to pay to the owners of LQHP a commission equal to 10 % of the agreed sale.
21. In the event that rent has not been paid by the 1st March in any year or within one month of a written notice demanding payment of outstanding rent being served upon the caravan owner then the caravan owners contract will immediately be terminated from the date of expiry on the written notice and in the event that the caravan remains on the site after the expiration of the said notice then the owners of LQHP will be entitled to remove the caravan from the site and dispose of the caravan without being liable to the caravan owner for any loss. The caravan owner is responsible for removing the caravan from the site upon termination of the contract and in the event that the owners of LQHP are responsible for the removal and disposal of the caravan in accordance with the provision of this clause then the caravan owner will be liable to pay the owners of LQHP a fee of £775 (plus an additional £600 if crane hire is required) for the cost of removal and disposal of the caravan. Service of any notice under this clause will be by first class post to the address supplied to the owners of LQHP by the caravan owner at the time of signing the initial contract or occupation of the site.
22. All caravans regardless of age must be maintained in an acceptable condition. If deemed to be in an unacceptable condition the owner will be given 1 month notice to put their caravan in a good state of repair, after which LQHP reserves the right to require the removal of any van of whatever age if in the opinion of LQHP management it does not conform to an acceptable standard. No caravan may be sold on if more than 12 years old.
23. Owners of caravans are required to take out full insurance cover in respect for damage to their own caravan and third party liability. A COPY OF THE INSURANCE CERTIFICATE MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE TO LQHP MANAGEMENT EACH YEAR WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ISSUE OF THE CERTIFICATE.
24. All caravans must have an annual gas safety check. LQHP MANAGEMNT MUST BE PROVIDED WITH A COPY OF THE GAS SAFETY CERTIFICATE ANNUALLY WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE ISSUE OF THE CERTIFICATE.
25. Caravan owners are solely responsible for securely chaining gas bottles to the outside of their caravans.
26. Caravan water stop taps should remain accessible at all times.
27. No water taps are to be fitted externally to caravans or caravan pitches.
28. Caravan owners are responsible for recycling their on-site waste in the mixed recycling skips provided. Only non-recyclable standard house-hold waste generated on-site is to be put in the general waste skips.
29. Pitches have in accordance with the conditions of the local authority licence been prepared so as to accommodate one caravan with parking space for one car adjacent. Owners with more than one vehicle must park additional vehicles in the spaces provided elsewhere on the site. Parking on the roadways is not permitted.
30. No boats of any size are to be stored on the caravan site.
31. No external structures of any description are permitted on the site. No items whatever may be stored adjacent to or below a caravan, nor in the open areas of the site.
32. No animals other than domestic household pets may be brought onto the site without prior consent of LQHP. At all times dogs must be kept on a lead and not allowed to foul on site. The behaviour of all animals is the responsibility of the site lessee and LQHP reserve the right to require the removal from the site of any animal which they consider is causing inconvenience or nuisance to other site occupants. It is particularly drawn to the attention of customers that the area around LQHP is grazing ground and any animal found worrying sheep or cattle is liable to be shot or ordered to be destroyed.
33. Customers are responsible for preventing their children from entering signed restricted areas.
34. Customers enter the woodland areas on site at their own risk.
35. The playing of musical instruments, stereos, radios, televisions, etc. so as to cause annoyance or inconvenience to other site occupants is prohibited.
36. The planting of trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. or the construction of fences, pathways, etc. is not permitted unless the previous consent of LQHP has been obtained.
37. Users, whether of the marine, caravan or other facilities must not cause or permit any nuisance or annoyance to the owners or other users of any part of LQHP boat yard, caravan site and associated premises. In particular users will be responsible for any damage caused by any children or any other persons staying at or visiting LQHP with their express or implied authority. In the case of persistent nuisance or annoyance or a single act of serious misconduct the agreement may be terminated without notice.
38. All figures are subject to VAT and will be charged at the current rate applicable.
39. LQHP will hold customers contact details (names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) for administration and accounting purposes only and will not share them with any third party. Customers reserve the right to access, edit or erase this information.